Thursday, August 11, 2011

JULY CRICUT CIRCLE POP-UP NEIGHBORHOOD CONTEST!

I've set a new goal for myself!  My goal is to try and enter all of the Cricut Circle monthly and weekly contests this year.  And, to enter the Cricut Circle Magazine challenges, IF I have everything needed for them already in my stash.

This month's Cricut Circle magazine contest was to use the Circle exclusive Pop Up Neighborhood cartridge for this new contest! This cart is very versatile and I love that the contest gave me a chance to explore it deeper.  For the contest, we couldcreate any kind of project - home décor, Layout, Card or mixed media project.

Contest Rules: Use at least 4 Cricut Cuts from Pop-up Neighborhood Cartridge in your design and ppload to the Cricut Circle Blog by Friday, August 12th.  Not a problem I have 14 images in total and 11 unique images on this two-page layout.

Here's my creation.  This is the first time that I just started by drawing a sketch.  Normally, I start with my pictures and go from there, but there were so many cuts from this cartridge that I just knew I wanted to use.  All of the cuts on here are from pop-up neighborhood.  I also used 3 different Cuttlebug embossing folders, diamond glaze (on the tire swing and the lamp post), liquid pearls, pop dots and distressed ink on the images.  The paper is primarily DCWV.

The girl and the mom are cut at 1" - let me tell you, this had itty bitty, teeny tiny pieces.  It took lots of patience to put these together (and fingers crossed that they would cut nicely).

Please feel free to leave a comment to let me know how you think it turned out!

Click on the pictures for a closer look!








3 comments:

  1. So cute. Love the sweet layout. The little girl on this cartridge was my favorite.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Good Luck.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete