Sunday, December 9, 2012

Teddy Bear Swap

Back in September I signed up for a Teddy Bear Swap on the Cricut Circle Message board hosted by Rockin Renee.  We had until November 10th to make and mail our bears from the Teddy Bear Parade Cricut Cartridge.
 
I needed to make 25 of each bear (50 bears in all) at 5" and in return I will receive one of each of the different 50 bears in return.  Since I should be receiving the bears any day now, I thought I would share the two I created.
 
I used distressed ink on both bears for added dimension and crystal effects on their noses.  The first is the basketball bear - his headband is embellished with FlowerSoft, the #1 on his uniform has purple stickles and the basketball is embossed using the cuttlebug.  I originally tried to use flock on his headband, but found that the FlowerSoft gave it a better terrycloth look.
 
Next is the school girl bear - I used liquid pearls on her glasses, added a tiny button to her vest and used actual ribbon instead of the cut out from the cartridge.  For the apple, metallic red paper was used to give it the shiny apple look.
 
I can't wait to get them and see everyone's creativity!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment