Monday, January 16, 2012

Update from the Weekend

Hi Everyone!  This past weekend was exhausting.  I went to a weekend scrapbooking retreat with my friend Marlaina.  I had a great time, but did have to leave on Friday night to go home so that I could get up early to get my daughter and I ready for the funeral and memorial service for my husband's Aunt Carol on Saturday morning.  The church memorial mass was beautiful (Aunt Carol would have loved it) but also incredibly sad.  Her husband (Uncle Karl) told me that Aunt Carol has the beautiful pictures we sent for Christmas of my daughter (Sophia) on her fridge - she adored Sophia and would keep all the pictures of her since she was a baby up on her fridge.  She was an incredible baker - everyone raved about her desserts -  and gardener - her yard and flower beds always looked immaculate.  I especially will miss her laugh and how very nice she always was to me.

After the service and memorial lunch on Saturday, I was able to go back to the weekend scrapbooking retreat by 3PM.  I did manage to get 15 pages done this weekend and am proud of my accomplishment, even though some of the ladies that I know were giving me a hard time because one page I was working on took me 3 hours.  As I told them, it's about quality not quantity - LOL.

Plus that's 15 more pages toward my Dec 2009 Mexico Album.  I'll finish it one day - hopefully it won't take me 2 more years.  Here's a one page layout I did. Paper is primarily DCWV


1 comment: