Friday, July 29, 2011

Christmas in July - Challenge 3 & 4

Here's my entry for the Christmas in July Online Swarm Challenge 4 - Fiber Challenge.

The card was inspired by Cindy Royal's Hope You Dance Card in the July Cricut Circle Mag.
Pattern Paper is Hot off the Press
Glitter paper is DCWV
Card base is made from Popup Neighborhood - two 4.4" tags welded together on the gypsy and one lay at 4.2"
Figure skater is from Winter Woodland at 3.5"

Used pop dots on the skater, diamond stickles on the skater's white trim and silver liquid pearls on the skate blades.  Fiber is from Adornaments

Some day, I will add a sentiment to the card front and maybe some faux stitching with black marker.




Below is my entry for Challenge #3 - Step Out of Your Comfort Zone

We'll I definitely did that and ATTEMPTED to make a 3-D house from Winter Woodland. Needless to say, I won't be trying that again any time soon. I think I cut it too small as I had many issues with the parts and just got frustrated in the end. In my mind I had all of these great plans to add embellishments, but I was exhausted from the effort.


DCWV Cardstock
Winter Woodland Cartridge - house cut at 5"High and 11.5" width
Martha Stewart Tinsel Glitter and cotton balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment